Read the text below carefully and complete the form, including the required attachments.
Passies International Movers, as importing moving company, will have to preform a pre-check for the Dutch Customs. By filling out this form and the required attachments Passies Movers is able to do the pre-check for the process for exemptions on the import of Household goods and motor vehicles. Failure to complete the form and / or the incomplete delivery of the required attachments can lead to a delay in the declaration. Delay in the declaration may delay delivery of your goods.
The final review and approval for the exemption will be done by Dutch Customs. Dutch Customs will maintain the right, after release under exemption, to
* perform a physical check and or scan the goods
* levy importduties up to 36 months after the exemption is granted if the the imported goods and possible motor vehicles do not meet the required conditions and/or the required enclosures are not available / incorrect.
To obtain the permit you must comply with the following conditions
- You are moving from a country outside the European Union to the Netherlands,
- You are going to live in the Netherlands, You transfer your former residence to the Netherlands
- You lived outside the European Union for at least twelve consecutive months
- You have owned and used the goods for at least six months
- You have used the goods and are going to use them again
- You are importing the goods within twelve months of coming to live in the Netherlands
- You are not going to lend out, pledge, hire out or transfer ownership of the goods within the first twelve months after the date on which they were imported.
If you can not meet any of the above conditions, please contact your file holder or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The exemption does not apply to the following goods:
• Alcoholic beverages
• Tobacco and tobacco products
• Commercial vehicles
• Non-portable materials for business purposes.
Are you also importing a means of transport?
Are you also importing a means of transport? You should specify this in question 5. Do you get an exemption from import tax? Then there are two separate declarations. One declaration for the goods and one declaration for the car or motor.
The following documents should be attached with your application:
• signed list of goods prepared by the removal company at origin and signed by you on every single page
• a copy of your passport (photo page), including your visa if applicable
• residing certificate from the Population Register of the Municipality in the Netherlands, showing on which date you have been based in the Netherlands
Do you want to import a car, motorcycle or some other means of transport?
In that case enclose a copy of:
• The receipt or proof of ownership
• The vehicle registration certificate
• Insurance certificate for the last year